Yuji Kawano, MD, is a cardiac surgeon at MedStar Washington Hospital Center with a unique specialization in minimally invasive and robotic heart surgery.
Dr. Kawano comes to MedStar Health from his advanced fellowship program at Emory University, where he received the full spectrum of training in robotic cardiac surgery under some of the first, and most experienced, robotic cardiac surgeons, worldwide.
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- General Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Hospital Affiliations Medstar Washington Hospital Center
- Medical School Osaka University (2010)
- Residency Japanese Red Cross Musashino Hospital (2012) Ichinomiya Nishi Hospital (2013)
- Fellowship Tokyo Bay Urayasu Ichikawa Medical Center (2018) Brigham and Women's Hospital (2020) Emory University Hospital (2021)
- Certifications American Board of Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
- Leadership Roles