Dr. Timur Urakov is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Miami specializing in Spine surgery. He currently treats traumatic, degenerative and neoplastic conditions all along the spine and employs advanced technology to further improve surgical workflow. Presently, Dr. Urakov, is pioneering the use of augmented reality in neurosurgical applications. He is one of the few surgeons in the world, utilizing Heads-Up display in operating rooms. His collaborations with the specialist in computer science, bioengineering and quantum physics have set the gears in motion for further implementation of artificial intelligence, deep machine learning, advanced imaging and nanotechnology in the field of Neurosurgery.
- Spine Surgery
- Hospital Affiliations Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Medical School St. George University School of Medicine
- Residency UM-JMH Department of Neurological Surgery Residency Program
- Fellowship University of Miami
- Leadership Roles Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Miami